Welcome!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog. It has become therapy for me and I hope you laugh and cry when reading it. Why cry? Because that is what I want to do on a daily basis because I am either laughing hysterically or becuase I don't know what else to do and murder is still illegal! Enjoy!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Ventress Day!!!!!!!!

Hello!!!!!! I know, it has been a LONGGGGGGGGGG time since you have heard from the Buck Family! We have been busy - these darned kids seem to have activities, school, and a social life!
I couldn't think of a better way to get back than to blogging than to wish everyone a Happy Ventress Day! Yes, you heard me, Happy Ventress Day. Never heard of it? Me either! All I know is that Timmy came home from school yesterday all excited to have the day off to honor Ventress. I was shocked! A full day to honor a Clone Wars character? Wow! I must be really missing out on the new holidays! Rich always jokes about how the kids get every holiday under the sun off (I won't mention that in high school we once got a day off for beating his high school in basketball - seriously). As we talked and Timmy told us that he made a wreath for Ventress I got even MORE confused (it must be the pain meds - or lack-there-of). Why does Ventress need a wreath? Is she going on Survivor and needs an immunity necklace? Is she trying to impress some Dark Jedi?
So then Andrew translated . . . . . Happy VETERAN'S DAY!!!!
Don't think that Andrew is getting off scott free . . . . In honor of all of our brave men and women that fought for us, he made a card for out local VA. I asked what he wrote on the card and was so impressed . . . . He thanked them for their service and told them how brave they are. He thanked them again for giving up a lot to keep us safe and said he hoped that they were OK after being in the war . . . . and then came his closer:
"Are you in the Air Force or not?"
Love, Andrew

*sigh*

3 comments:

  1. I thing Ventress Day sounds kinda cool. Like a day to vent about your stress. Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You so have boys! I had no idea there was a Clone Wars character by that name! I love Andrew's closer! BTW how is the foot? I tried to e-mail but apparently I still can't send you messages.

    ReplyDelete