Welcome!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog. It has become therapy for me and I hope you laugh and cry when reading it. Why cry? Because that is what I want to do on a daily basis because I am either laughing hysterically or becuase I don't know what else to do and murder is still illegal! Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom!!!

**tapping on monitor** Hello?? Is anyone out there??

Yes, I know it has been a long time. Yes, I know I said that last time, too. And, yes, I know I said I would be updating more. Yes, apparently I lied. *hanging head in shame*

Anyway . . . . I want to wish my mom a VERY happy birthday!!! No pressure on me though for this entry. Nope, none at all! Hmmmm, maybe I need to check the laundry.
Yup, still going.
**cracking knuckles**
Tapping foot - a lot. Just to annoy mom.
Now I am drumming my fingers on the counter. To annoy mom even more. I bet dad is proud of me, though!
OK! Let's get this blog going!
Wait - was that the phone??
Nope. Doorbell?!?! Nope.
((said in my best Spongebob narrator voice)) FOUR HOURS LATER . . . . . .

Sooooooooooooooo . . . . . . .
Mom. Hmmmm, where should I start? I guess I should just start - otherwise it won't be your birthday anymore. Well, without you, I wouldn't be here. (shut up) Neither would Andrew or Timmy (big and little). So, thanks for that whole giving birth thing. And, sorry about the back labor. Want some McDonald's? I hear it's really yummy during labor . . . . .
Seriously - I can't thank you enough for all you have done for all of us. You are our rock. We know that we can call you any hour of the day or night and you will be right over. Say, for instance, at rush hour right around Thanksgiving . . . . . raw meat still grosses me out. So thanks for saving my butt with the turkey, too. I know there are other examples but we don't have enough time to list them all.
You aren't just the world to me - you are more than the world to the boys. I am pretty sure that you rank higher than I do in their world. I can only hope and dream to be half of the grandmother that you are when  my boys have kids (which won't happen for MANY MANY MANY years). In fact, they have asked me about 100 times this morning when you are coming over ..... and when they can spend the night .... and when you can grandkid sit again ...... and if Rich and I are going away so they can have REAL Nana time.
Honestly, I can only hope to be half the person you are in my life - as a friend, mother-in-law, and mom. You have more compassion and love than anyone I know. You go out of your way to see the good in people. You give people more chances to prove themselves than they deserve. You are fair - but have high expectations. For that, I am forever grateful. You have taught me how to see the other side when I think about things and people. I will never forget how involved you were in our school activities while teaching and being involved in your own school things. It's because of you that I am who I am. You opened my eyes to so many things - good, bad, funny . . . . . you helped me realize that the world is basically a good place but life isn't always pretty. No matter what has happened, you were always next to me to help me through the good and bad. And I know that you will always be next to me. There is so much more that I could say (shut up) but I think you get the idea . . . . . .  
I love you mom!!!

And I still think I should have been an only child. No guilt though!

No comments:

Post a Comment