Welcome!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog. It has become therapy for me and I hope you laugh and cry when reading it. Why cry? Because that is what I want to do on a daily basis because I am either laughing hysterically or becuase I don't know what else to do and murder is still illegal! Enjoy!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Why me?????????????????????????

Think of the movie A Streetcar Named Desire - you know the part I am going to reference - "STELLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Brando was raw - heart wrenching . . . . think about It's A Wonderful Life when Jimmy Stewart wants his life back. Again, emotional. Bambi - do I even need to say more for that? E.T. - again, need I say more? (Well, I wish I knew about it but mom was sobbing so hard I missed the last few minutes). When the Grinch hears the Whos singing - or when Cindy Loo takes his hand . . . . .Or my personal favorite gut wrenching scene - when Kermit has to tell his friends that they are going to lose The Muppet Theatre in A Muppet Christmas Carol. It gets me every time! (a bit much?)
You get my point - there are moments in life that can really get to us and make us feel - REALLY feel - raw emotions. Well, at the tender age of eight, Andrew had his very own gut wrenching and total raw emotion moment yesterday. We were on our way to Seabreeze and, quite frankly, I don't know how he recovered from it to continue on and have a fun day. I honestly thought I was going to have to pull over so he could compose himself - or at least give him a magic mommy kiss.
I am not sure I can bear to retell the story without tearing up as well. It was tough to see my baby go through something so difficult at such a young age . . . . . . but I will try.
Here is the conversation:
Andrew: OH man!!! WHYYYYYYYYY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE????????? *groan/wince/whimper*
Me: What? Are you OK?? What is wrong?
Andrew: WHHYYYY MEEEEE!!!
Me: DUDE!! What is wrong?
Andrew: Why is it always me that things happen to? How come whenever we enter into a different town/city/state I ALWAYS itch????!????!!???!?!?!?!? WHY?

*crickets*

Me: Seriously?
Andrew: Yes!!! Seriously!! Watch - when we get into Irondequoit, I will itch . . . . .
Andrew: SEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As he is "proving" his point, he lightly itches his arm. Oh the horror!! The injustice!! The madness!!

And the conversation ended with me rolling my eyes.
Seriously folks, I can't make this stuff up.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! What a horrible thing to have happen to a young person!!

    ReplyDelete