Welcome!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog. It has become therapy for me and I hope you laugh and cry when reading it. Why cry? Because that is what I want to do on a daily basis because I am either laughing hysterically or becuase I don't know what else to do and murder is still illegal! Enjoy!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy (belated) Birthday Nick!!!

Yes, this is a few weeks late - but I was with Nick on his real birthday so only the this part is late! So there! (that thud was me stomping my foot)
Sorry - reverted back to childhood for a moment . . . .
What can I say about Nick? There are very few kids that I would do just about anything for and that I love like they are my own - Nick is one of them. What started out as a little friendship made during a town rec baseball session has quickly turned into a new version of The Three Musketeers. Nick and Andrew became fast friends and they have gotten even closer as they have grown. They have been in the same class for two years in a row (still shaking my head on that fact) so that means that I get to see Nick and his beautiful smiling face whenever I am in school. That beautiful smiling face quickly turns into rolling eyes and laughter when he sees me and I love it!
Andrew and Nick are very similar. They are quiet, shy, studious, and light on their feet. World class athletes. Sorry. I was thinking of someone else. Nick has to be one of the most accident prone people I have ever met. Seriously. He is the only person I have known that has given himself a paper cut on his eye. No, I am not kidding - I was there when it happened.
I love this kid - he can laugh at himself and make us laugh. He has one-liners that make me proud to call him my pseudo-son. He can deal with his little sister like a champ . . . . and by that I mean he hasn't killed her yet. Just that part alone makes him amazing!
He is a smart, funny, and sweet young man and I know Jennifer and Chris are incredibly proud of him. I am happy to be a part of his life and have the chance to watch him grow and mature (*cough*). I am also happy that I am around to take the pictures and witness the stories that make Nick who he is. He is one of my son's best friends and I can't ask for a better person for Andrew to be friends with.
Happy belated Birthday Nick!!! We love ya kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment