Welcome!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog. It has become therapy for me and I hope you laugh and cry when reading it. Why cry? Because that is what I want to do on a daily basis because I am either laughing hysterically or becuase I don't know what else to do and murder is still illegal! Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Timmy!!!!!!

Hello?? Anybody out there??? Yes, I know it's been  . . . . . a bit since I have updated. Ok, as one friend so kindly pointed out, it's been a long time. No, I wasn't locked in a closet or anything  - although that would have been kind of nice . . . I could sleep, read, hear myself talk . . . . anyway, we have been busy!! Not to fear though, my boys have not become normal and continue to amaze us daily with their tidbits of wisdom. Yes, wisdom. I have to think of it that way or I will be even more nervous for my future with this generation at the helm!!
So, now on to the more important things . . . .  .
It's Timmy's birthday - our baby is six today!! I can't believe it - I am amazed that his cuteness and witty remarks have let him live to his sixth birthday. I guess miracles DO happen!!
Just this morning I was asked to describe Tim and I realized how hard that is. He is Tim. Just Tim. so trying to describe him is tough. The things that I love most about him are also the things that I find the most  frustrating at times. He is very kind, passionate, philosophical, stubborn, believes in a just world, passionate, stubborn, empathetic, philosophical, stubborn, passionate . . . . . basically, he is a six year old hippie. I wish I could say I don't know where he gets these traits, but I know that some people would either laugh at me or spit whatever they are currently drinking on their computer screen - or both. 
When I look at him, I see a child that is ready to take on the world and help every single person and animal that he can. I see a child that doesn't see the bad in people and wants to be friends with everyone he meets. I see a child who doesn't see differences in people and will play dolls, Legos, and cats (don't ask - I have no idea) with his friends at school. I see a child that can make me laugh with one look or sound. I see a child that loves his family and close friends unconditionally and would do anything to help those close to him. I see a child that would rather do without or suffer in silence rather than "bother" anyone. I see a child that doesn't care about typical girl/boy stereotypes and has two girls as his best friends. I see a child that loves life will do anything to make our lives and our planet a better place.
When I look at Tim, I see my brother. (Yes, it scares me to say that) I am so incredibly proud of my Tim for being brave enough to be his own person. I am proud to say that I named my son after my brother and I am proud that my Tim is so much like Big Tim. (usually) I know that there will be bumps in his road of life and I hope that he can weather them as well as my parents weathered my brother's bumps. I also hope that my Tim can weather them with the same courage and conviction that Big Tim weathered his.
He is forging his own path in life and we are along for the ride. It has already been a fun, hysterical, lovable, and at times frustrating ride with many stops and side trips along the way. I can't wait to see what the next few years bring us . . . . . . I am sure it will be just as exciting!!
Wait, with Timmy in the driver's seat I KNOW it will be exciting! We all just need to buckle up for the wild ride ahead!!

So, Happy Birthday to my little hippie!!! I love you, Timmy!!!!!!


A proud and happy Timmy!


Tim 1 and Tim 2


5 comments:

  1. What a sweetie! Happy b-day, Timmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me cry... made me proud--as always--of my children. And what a blessed nana I am, too. Happy Birthday, Timmy. We love you to the moon and back.....and more!!!!!! xxxxxooooo Nana

    ReplyDelete