Welcome!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog. It has become therapy for me and I hope you laugh and cry when reading it. Why cry? Because that is what I want to do on a daily basis because I am either laughing hysterically or becuase I don't know what else to do and murder is still illegal! Enjoy!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Free at last!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I know . . . . the blog is a bit stale! We have had a busy week - school started!!!!! YEEE HAW! Andrew started on Tuesday morning and Timmy started Wednesday. I wanted to play Reveille both mornings but I thought that might be a bit over the top. Who was I kidding? Timmy was ready for the bus at 7:55 (the bus comes between 8:30-8:40)! He was REALLY mad that he couldn't go to school on Tuesday. I am sure Andrew would have gladly switched places with him. When the bus FINALLY came on Wednesday, Timmy didn't even say good-bye. Before I could even lift my camera up, he had weaseled his way so he was first on the bus and plopped down in the first seat with the biggest smile EVER. No picture on the bus steps. No hug. No wave. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Not that I was crying - I was trying to find the best spot to try my first backflip ever. But a picture would have been nice - I don't even have one of us with him! I was able to sneak a quick picture before our wonderfully patient bus driver (Mr. Gerry) shut the door - as he was laughing. 
The joke was on Timmy though. I had volunteered to help the kindergartners get off the bus and find their teacher. Ha! He knew I would be there but he thought he could sweet talk me into letting him walk to his teacher alone. Fat chance bubba! He was not a happy camper. I even got an eye roll from him! I told him tough nuggies - I was there and he had to deal with it. It's not that I thought he would get lost or wanted extra time with my baby . . . . I thought it would be fun! (ok, and I knew it would tick him off) Thankfully our neighbor was happy to have me there to help him to his class. I also got to give Sofia and Brooke extra hugs and kisses. Is it sad that the only time I even remotely teared up was when I saw Brooke? I was so proud of her and how awesome she was doing . . . and that beautiful smiling face - I got choked up!!! Then I thought of how many times I could say "Told ya so" to Jill and Bob . . . and laughed! (early in the summer Brooke told us that she outright refused to go to school - so we have all been working on the idea of school . . . I had faith in her!!) Sofia was great, too - but there were never doubts about her being OK in school - she and Timmy will be running the place in about three weeks. The Three Musketeers see each other in lunch so all is right in the world!!
OH!!!! We also just found out that little Miss Brooke has been "visiting" Timmy during the day! I guess that she makes a side trip to Timmy's classroom and waves each time she goes to the bathroom. And, no, her classroom is NOT on the way to the bathroom - it's down a totally separate hall! I love that girl!
As for Andrew . . . . well, let's just say that he is back in class with Nick and Spencer. Wouldn't you think that they would have learned from last year? No, I am not talking about The Three Stooges being together - they are fine. I am talking about putting the parents together! We are far worse than the boys. Far worse. I wonder if we will be allowed to volunteer together this year?!?

I have a few stories waiting to be told . . . . . one about a microwave, one about a clock, one about scotch beer - oh wait . . . that was from Chris the other night. Never mind!


The gang! Andrew, Ty, Timmy, Joey & Danny
(who has to wait a couple of years!)
That is our only picture of Timmy . . . .
see his foot ON the bus? 













Gottcha!

2 comments:

  1. I drove all the way to Victor to see my second angel go to school for the first time..........and luckily I didn't blink, because I THINK I caught a glimpse of him flying up the bus steps....

    ReplyDelete