Welcome!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog. It has become therapy for me and I hope you laugh and cry when reading it. Why cry? Because that is what I want to do on a daily basis because I am either laughing hysterically or becuase I don't know what else to do and murder is still illegal! Enjoy!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Ohmmmmmm

So last night we decided to cave and shop for a mattress for the spare bedroom - because you know, we are swamped with overnight guests ALLLLLLL of the time! We can't even begin to tell you how many people are on the waiting list for the Buck Bed & Breakfast. Maybe it's the fine company. No? Hmmm, I bet people heard about Rich's pulled pork & beef (brisket). PG people, PG. No? The beer! That's it! People have heard all about his home brew! The Caribou Slobber has become world famous! Really - no?
*crickets*
You mean that I am imagining all of those people beating down our front door? Huh. Must be my ears ringing from how loud the kids are! No, seriously - I know many of you think that they are quiet little things but they are really demons in disguise! Hard to believe but it's true! (said in my best impersonation of our Irish friend Trevor)


Ok, so we really needed a mattress because that darned kid of Rich's (Timmy) decided he had to outgrow his crib. As you saw in yesterday's blog, he actually scaled it - therefore making the decision for us to HAVE to get him a bed. Dang kid! We have promised many people that they could stay at our house for various upcoming events so we thought it might be a good idea to have something for them to sleep on! We're quick like that. So off we went to Sears because they were having a sale - you know that Labor Day means sleep so of course mattresses are on sale . . . . then again, there is a store near us that claims they are having a "Back to School" sale for mattresses - whatever floats their boats!
Anyway . . . . as Rich and I were looking at different mattresses, we looked over to find Andrew sitting on one - "meditating". Yup, in the middle of Sears. We won't mention to him that he was giving everyone the "OK" sign rather than using the more traditional and well known meditation pose . . . . that's not the point. OK, so it kind of is . . . . it was funny. Only my kid would find SEARS the perfect place to meditate for the first time . . . .


1 comment: