Welcome!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog. It has become therapy for me and I hope you laugh and cry when reading it. Why cry? Because that is what I want to do on a daily basis because I am either laughing hysterically or becuase I don't know what else to do and murder is still illegal! Enjoy!

Monday, September 13, 2010

The Smithsonian is calling . . . .

And they want their microwave back!
Over Labor Day Weekend we went to Dansville. I know, I know - we are so well travelled! The boys have no idea how lucky they are - first Jamestown and then Dansville . . . both in the same month!!! I don't know if they have recovered from the excitement or not - we want to take them to NYC but I think it will be such a letdown after our world class trips during the month of August!
Anyway, we went for the Festival of Balloons. Last year we got to see the balloons take off on Friday night and it was so beautiful that we wanted to see them take off in the morning. Well, they take off at about 6:30 - yes, A.M.! Since we had no desire to wake up at 3:00 and drive to Dansville, we stayed with Jennifer's parents. I have to add that Donna and Paul could not have been nicer and more welcoming - it was wonderful!!
Friday night was pretty windy and cool - so no balloons. Instead we sat around, ate, and drank. The kids had a ball playing - we had a ball hanging out. We mostly sat around the kitchen table (after all, it was where the pizza and beer was). The kitchen table happens to be in front of the microwave. Pretty normal, right?
Not so much. You see, Paul and Donna have a microwave that is older than me. Seriously. I am pretty sure it was made in the early 1970s and can cook a turkey in 30 seconds. There is nothing wrong with the microwave - other than it doesn't have a clock and I found myself looking at it several times to check the time. It's just old. Ancient in terms of technology.
We laughed (a lot) about it and Chris told us that they have offered for YEARS to buy them a new one. Not a chance - they are happy with it! If nothing else, it's a great conversation piece. Which leads me to the point of this blog entry. Andrew. Yup . . . my little sweet boy.
You may know that Rich and I are a little sarcastic Only a tiny bit. Well, the kids are a wee bit sarcastic, too. I think that they got most of it from Rich. Andrew and Timmy are both hysterical - but in different ways. Timmy is just Timmy. You can't really describe him. He just is. He does what he does. Andrew on the other hand has some of the best one-liners I have ever heard. He is more the straight man with the dry sense of humor - but he knows EXACTLY when to use his humor. He has understood and used sarcasm since he was two years old (we were so proud!).
OK, back to the microwave from the Montgomery Ward Museum . . . . . so we were sitting in the kitchen and Andrew came running in to grab some trail mix. OK, so he came in to pick through it and get the blue and orange M&Ms . . but that's not the point.
He came running in and stopped - looked up at the microwave and proceeded to say . . . . .

"Is that a microwave? What is this, 1934?"

He is only a little sarcastic. Just a tiny bit. And he inherited it from his father.


2 comments:

  1. LOL Yeah, yeah, he inherited from his father. Right. :giggle:

    ReplyDelete
  2. They had ones like that in the teacher's lounge at Pittsford-Mendon High School, up until last year. It took FOREVER to cook anything.

    ReplyDelete