Welcome!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog. It has become therapy for me and I hope you laugh and cry when reading it. Why cry? Because that is what I want to do on a daily basis because I am either laughing hysterically or becuase I don't know what else to do and murder is still illegal! Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Is it Time Warner Cable time?

If you haven't figured it out yet, Andrew likes numbers. I know, that was the "no duh" understatement of the year. I almost wanted to warn his poor teacher - but I figured she needed to figure it out just like we did! And, yes, we LOVE his teacher. I did a happy dance (Snoopy & Woodstock style) when I opened our teacher assignment and saw her name. And, no, I am not just saying that because she is most likely reading this. We really do love her.
When it comes to telling time, Andrew is . . . . . . I don't even know the word. At bedtime he will give us a kiss and then tell us that we are having friends over in 14 hours and 43 minutes. I can't make that up. I am also embarrassed to say that it takes us a minute to figure out that he is right (not that we don't believe him because that would be like not believing that grass is green). It's not like he sits there counting on his fingers or has things figured out before we come in - he just knows. It's freaky in a cool and scary way.
When it comes to telling time, he lives by Time Warner Cable time. He rolled his eyes (shocker) at me because I set the oven clock to one minute BEHIND TWC time. What - me do things to annoy my children? Nah. *cough* Timmy has joined the love of TWC time, too. He actually asked Jill and Bob if their clock was set to TWC. We should get residuals from TWC.
Needless to say, learning how to tell time at school was boring for him. Not that we blame his teacher - it's an important thing to know and she needs to make sure the class learns it. She didn't know Rainman Jr was in her class! I knew it would be interesting when I saw the classroom clock labeled with '10 after', 'quarter after', 'half past' . . . . . I couldn't wait for the telling time lesson! Again, I could have warned his teacher but why save her when we had to learn the hard way? Besides, she needs someone to talk about at home! I am totally fine with Andrew being "that kid" . . . . he is entertaining and unique. (I keep telling myself that those are good things)  
We didn't have to wait long. The lesson came in the first full week of school. I will say that we (thankfully) have a son that is VERY respectful to his teachers and would not let on how utterly bored he was. That being said, telling Timmy and Rich about it at home was a slightly different story . . . .
Rich: "Andrew, how was school?"
Andrew: "We learned about clocks." (said in slight disgust)
Timmy: "DUDE! You already know about clocks!" (total shock in his voice - mixed with a tinge of pity)
Andrew: "Well, apparently my teacher didn't realize that." (total deadpan with emphasis on the word apparently and dripping with sarcasm)

*sigh*

It's going to be a long year for his teacher. And like it isn't bad enough having Andrew in class . . . Nick and Spencer are in his class (again - don't these people ever learn!?!) AND this poor woman gets to see me more than she probably would like - we are on a committee together and I volunteer a lot. Lucky her! Don't worry - we give good gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment