Welcome!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog. It has become therapy for me and I hope you laugh and cry when reading it. Why cry? Because that is what I want to do on a daily basis because I am either laughing hysterically or becuase I don't know what else to do and murder is still illegal! Enjoy!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Andrew 1, Mommy 0

A few years ago Andrew and I were having a battle of the wills. He had thrown a toy or something like that so I took the toy away. Imagine that! Man - he was MAD at me!!! The kid was barely 3 years old and he tried to bargain with me. I wasn't caving. He then told me that it wasn't fair - that I just can't take things of his. I reminded him that I could - I am the mommy and paid for it so if he does something inappropriate with the toy, I can take it away. That is when I made my mistake.
I mistakingly said that it's mommy and daddy's house so I could take anything I wanted. He was quiet for about .79 seconds. I smirked to myself - I thought I won. Silly me.

Around my boys, you can't make mistakes. You need to bring your A game EVERY SINGLE day. They sniff out mistakes. When they smell one, they go in for the kill. That one fateful day, Andrew went for the kill.
He looked at me - with his chubby little cheeks and the sweetest face EVER and matter of factly told me that I can't take ANYTHING.
"You can't take the ceiling fans - they are bolted in . . . . you can't take the roof, you can't take the windows . . . . "
I had to leave the kitchen. I grabbed the phone and called my mom to let her know that if she really loved her grandson, she needed to come and get him. I was laughing hysterically the whole time . . . . .

And it's only gotten worse!

The face of an angel & the attitude of his mother!

1 comment: