Welcome!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog. It has become therapy for me and I hope you laugh and cry when reading it. Why cry? Because that is what I want to do on a daily basis because I am either laughing hysterically or becuase I don't know what else to do and murder is still illegal! Enjoy!

Monday, August 23, 2010

London 2012 Olympics . . . here we come!

The other night we were doing the normal bedtime routine - but this time it didn't involve inflicting bodily harm on each other. That is a win for us right there! This time, it involved possible bodily harm to themselves. I mentioned that we were painting Andrew's room - so he has been sleeping in Timmy's room. Fun times.They (of course) love it . . . . I am wondering if they sleep at all. Based on the grump factor increasing tenfold, I am guessing that sleep is not something they are focusing on.
So, you might wonder, what ARE they doing? Talking? Reading? Playing the DS?
You silly, silly people! You should know by now that those activities are WAYYYYY too boring my my gentle little angelic boys! (whoa - was that lightning coming at our house?!?!) Nah, instead of doing something quiet, they were practicing their routines for the London 2012 Olympic games! Bet you didn't know that the Olympic Committee has approved a couple of new sports - my boys must have a bat phone connection with the IOC - they got the scoop way before anyone else . . . I wondered what that red phone in Timmy's closet was!

Timmy is excited about the Bed Gymnastics! (the PG version, people!)  Timmy had been working on a routine that involved him doing a front flip from his bed to Andrew's mattress and then a flip back up to his bed (I think that the level of difficulty is much harder - remember, they are overachievers!). He had that mastered in 2.5 seconds so now he is working on a cartwheel on his bed into a front flip down to Andrew's mattress - and then back up. Sadly, I am so NOT kidding.  
Andrew is working on routines for his new Olympic sport - competitive cannonballs. He tried gymnastics but picture a linebacker doing gymnastics . . . . not pretty. He is trying many different things - the Indian Style (is that PC?), the Butt Fall . . . he quickly realized that bellyflops are NOT the way to go. And some of you won't be surprised that he is calculating the water displacement and the angle he has to jump for the highest splash. You watch, they will be teaching that in school soon! It'll be the Buck Displacement Theory (not to be confused with the hip displacement that Chris got when diving in Jamestown).
I think that they are both good contenders for the gold. . . . . that is unless we have a trip to the ER first. I would think it would be hard to come back from an injury in these sports . . . .



1 comment:

  1. Nana loves her little angels....Nana also has her first aid kit always at hand....

    ReplyDelete