Welcome!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog. It has become therapy for me and I hope you laugh and cry when reading it. Why cry? Because that is what I want to do on a daily basis because I am either laughing hysterically or becuase I don't know what else to do and murder is still illegal! Enjoy!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Geography 101

I pride myself on the fact that our kids are well travelled. They are great on trips and enjoy learning about new places and cultures. They also ask a lot of questions. A lot. I know, what kid doesn't . . . . but mine seem to ask more than the average kid - especially in the car on our trips. On one hand I love it - on the other hand, sometimes I just want peace and quiet.
Case in point - this past Easter we were driving home from Florida. We had gotten up early that morning so we would be home at a decent time. As a side note - if you ever have to drive through DC, Easter Sunday at 6:00 am is the BEST time to do it - so try and arrange y our schedule around that. Back to the point . . . . Timmy asked me what would happen if our car caught on fire (a lovely thought, I might add *rolling eyes*). I told him our insurance would help us and we would get a new car. Well, that lead into a HUGE discussion about car and house insurance. Seriously. At 6:00 am on Easter Sunday as we drove through DC. Why don't they do this stuff when Rich is in the car with me?
I know - that had nothing to do with geography . . . . it was just a funny story about the constant (and odd) questions). So........ on one of our many road trips a couple of years ago, Andrew started asking about different places. Here is the best part of the conversation:

A: Mommy? Do we live on the Earth?
Me: Yup - well, except for Uncle Timmy but that is a different conversation.
A: Do people live on the moon?
Me: Nope
A: The sun?
Me: Nope!
A: Other planets?
Me: Nope!
A: Then where do people from Pennsylvania live?

*crickets*

Laughter. Lots of it. My in-laws were born and raised in PA. More laughter.
Sadly, I couldn't come up with an answer without insulting people from PA. And yes, he now knows that Pennsylvania is a state. Funny part - he HATES Pennsylvania  . . . . . no idea where he got that feeling. Nope - no idea. . . . . I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that we complain about driving through it all of the time. I think that once we are out of PA when we drive to Florida, we are more than halfway there! I swear - it's the never ending state!
**If anyone from Pennsylvania was insulted, I am very sorry - it is all Andrew's fault!**

No comments:

Post a Comment