Welcome!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog. It has become therapy for me and I hope you laugh and cry when reading it. Why cry? Because that is what I want to do on a daily basis because I am either laughing hysterically or becuase I don't know what else to do and murder is still illegal! Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Jello project

A couple of months ago Sofia was over and I made lunch for her and Timmy. I don't think that Chris and Jennifer ever feed her - she is ALWAYS eating at my house . . . . poor little neglected baby!

Anyway, they wanted Jello as part of their lunch. Perfect - I actually had Jello! I got out two little Jello snack cups and straws. Yes, straws. You see, Timmy and Sofia don't do anything the normal (or easy) way - ever. Why bother to use a spoon for something like yogurt or Jello - especially when using a straw is WAY more fun and makes really cool fart noises. This is one of things that I just go with - it isn't worth the argument and it's pretty funny to hear them talk about it. Plus, I can't wait for the call from our kindergarten principal when she tries to figure out a nice way to tell me that my kid is a slurping his food.
Back to the Jello . . . . as they are slurping up the Jello, they start to discuss the chemistry and physics of it. Why it jiggles, why it's springy, why you can see through it even though it's red, why it's kind of slimy . . . . They then started to suck Jello partway through the straw and blow it onto their plates. They were trying to make cool designs. I know - this is making you crave Jello, isn't it?
So then Timmy starts trying to make different noises by moving his straw to different parts of the snack cup. If you are like me, you are amazed that they have any left - I swear they were magic refilling cups! He was cracking himself - and of course Sofia - up by making as many different fart noises as he could. I was laughing, too - the maturity level in our house is astounding!
All of a sudden, Sofia got mad . . . . . guess why?


Yup, (arms crossed and firm head bobs) "I can't make fart noises in my Jello like Timmy can!"

*sigh*
Bill Cosby has a secure job as the Jello spokesperson!

I know that this video has nothing to do with Jello - but it's REALLY REALLY cute and I need to prove that Timmy and Sofia aren't always a pain in the butt . . . . .




1 comment:

  1. I gotta say, I love this video.
    I see them like Edith and Archie at the piano in 50 years!

    ReplyDelete