Welcome!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog. It has become therapy for me and I hope you laugh and cry when reading it. Why cry? Because that is what I want to do on a daily basis because I am either laughing hysterically or becuase I don't know what else to do and murder is still illegal! Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Timmy-in-a-Box

Hmmmm, how to talk about this post . . . . . hmmmmm . . . . well, it all started when we asked the boys to clean up their Legos. Our coffee table has become Lego City - and while I normally don't care, I thought it might be nice to have it cleaned up for our party on Saturday. Oh - I didn't want it cleaned up because I care what our friends think - I wanted it cleaned up because I didn't want to hear the boys whine that their city was messed up. Them whine? Really? I know, it's crazy talk!
They got out the trusty HUGE Rubbermaid container that has been the "Keeper of the City" in the past. Well this time, it almost became the "Keeper of the Timmy". As I was cleaning up, I noticed that the boys were playing IN the container . . . it was funny - no big deal. Well, a bit later I noticed that Andrew had gone upstairs. Then I heard it . . . a muffled, "Andrew?"
"UMMMMM, ANDREW?!?!"
Nothing.

Then I noticed the container moving. Yup, Timmy was in it. But that is not the whole story. He wasn't just IN the box - he was LOCKED in the box. Andrew told Timmy to get in - and the silly boy did. Andrew then put the top on, folded the locks up, and walked away like nothing in the world was wrong. (well, in his mind, things were PERFECT at that point!)
It was pretty funny - as evidenced by the fact that I got some video. As Chris pointed out, I was nice enough to take a 30 second video before freeing my sweet little child from his home containment system. Come on - you would have done the same thing . . . . .
Oh - and Andrew, I totally get why you did it . . . . I have had those kind of days, too!

2 comments:

  1. I'm worried........this is all beginning to seem 'normal' to me........xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Oh, Kristin....remember when you were really little and got stuck under your high chair? We could have gotten you out sooner, but it took a couple a minutes to get the camera and take the picture......

    ReplyDelete